- Don't overestimate the skills of professionals
- Invest in a house before investing in a stock
- Look for opportunities that have not yet been discovered
- Invest in companies and not in the stock market
- Ignore short term fluctuations
- Large profits and loss can be made in a common stock
- Predicting the short term direction of the stock market is futile
- Predicting the exonomy is futile
- Long term returns on common stock is predictable and better than long terms returns from bonds
- Common stock is not for everyone
- The average investor is exposed to interesting local companies and products years berfore the professionals
- Having an edge will help you make money in stocks.
Saturday, January 14, 2006
I was going through a book called "One Up On Wall Street" by Peter Lynch. A few brief points that Peter mentioned that are worth noting.
Posted by Anwar at 9:23 PM